Noel Austin coat of arms

Noel Austin coat of arms

Thursday, May 05, 2022

My autobiography - not really

As most of my friends and many of my acquaintances will know, I am an inveterate story teller. Sometimes those stories have a point - most of the preceding entries do - and sometimes they do not. Occasionally someone says "You ought to write your autobiography". I admit, I have occasionally thought about it, and concluded that my life is not biography material.

I enjoy reading the biographies or autobiographies of others; I particularly enjoy those of actors - Peter O'Toole and Sir Alec Guinness are favourites - and chefs - Rick Stein and Keith Floyd. Published biographies have one thing in common that is missing from my life - there is a plot line. My life consists of a series of anecdotes which can be read in more or less any order without losing meaning.

I have concluded that a blog is probably the best way of publishing my stories, and avoids me having to confront the possibility that nobody would want to read my autobiography anyway.

Some of my stories are about my experiences when carrying out management consulting projects. In deference to my clients, I will not mention them by name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.